Saturday, October 29, 2011

Moonlight Half Marathon

So proud of Whitney. She had set a goal to run a marathon. We found the perfect opportunity with the Mapleton Moonlight Half. This race is more for fun than anything. You can start whenever you want in order to cross the finish line at what you believe is midnight. The winner is the first person to cross the line after midnight and no timing devices are allowed. You dress up in glow in the dark attire and lights and start your journey up right fork of Hobble Creek Canyon. The race ends with a big fireworks display and party at Ira Allen Park in Mapleton. Whitney didn't finish the first one after midnight, but she did finish in good time and she had a ton of fun. Way to go Whitney!







Posted by Picasa


We had Morgan, Elise and Ashlyn with us, so we had our own built in cheering section. I forgot to mention that it was a full moon. Hayden and I volunteered to help direct the runners up the canyon. Hayden was so cute looking like he was directing airplanes. I think it would be a really fun race to run with my kids next year--I guess if that is going to happen, I need to get in better shape.

 

 

 

 
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Angie said...

Way to go Whitney! That looks like a lot of fun (except the running part)!